Tuesday, January 22, 2019

What’s a Prick or Two Between Friends?

“Andrew, you can come on back,” Rebecca said this morning as I sat anxiously in the lobby.

No sweeter words have ever graced these ears today. They are all so kind to me down at Kamath Medical. I was not very spritely this morning having woken up way before my usual time.

“You’ve still got a lot of congestion,” Rebecca said worriedly.

“And a nasty, hacking cough,” I added.

We talked for a long time about sleeping habits. Rebecca said she still hasn’t shaken the sleeping habits she has had since her children were babies.

“It seems I wake up every hour on the hour,” she told me. “I look at the clock and fall back asleep.”

“My usual habit is to watch Amanpour & Co. on public broadcasting at eleven and then put on classical music around midnight and I fall asleep around one after dozing off and on in my recliner for an hour,” I told her.

She gave me my injection and I was soon on my way back to the pharmacy. I felt exhausted just listening to Rebecca describe how she sleeps.

A Bountiful Monday…

My new video card arrived all the way from New Jersey yesterday. My UPS scenario played out just as foreseen. I plugged it in it’s slot last night, the PCIe x16 slot, and my main computer fired to life after connecting the two 8-pin power cables to the card. There is not a flicker to be found so that means the other card was indeed defective. Tracy also got that job at the small animal clinic. She reports to work for her first day next Wednesday. She was just giddy with glee over the phone last night.

No comments: