Thursday, January 10, 2019

Hanging With Pops...

I spent the morning with my father. He drank coffee while I drank diet Coke. We watched TV and remenisced about my mother. The two year anniversary of her death is soon approaching.

Mom could do all kinds of crazy stunts as I was growing up. Dad and I talked and laughed at great lengths at some of her more well known antics. One of dad's favorite stories involves me, mom and dad going to the psychologist together. I was just a small child. The psychologist had me draw a picture of what I felt my role in the family was. I drew mom and dad at normal size and I was this little dot at the bottom of the page. Mom exclaimed that her hair didn't look that bad, did it? Totally missing the point of the drawing which was intended to show how small I felt in the family. I was too small to remember it, but dad says that’s what happened. He loves for me to draw that picture for my other siblings.

Next came on a Colon-eze commercial to test for colon cancer. We both agreed mom would jump on that opportunity.

“Your mother wouldn’t send them a little bit of shit, but two pounds of shit to make sure they had enough to test with,” my father said laughing.

No comments: