Saturday, January 05, 2019

Pigs in a Blanket…

I got a neat surprise around noon. Dad had stopped by Donut Delights and got him, Maggie and I pigs in a blanket and cinnamon buns. The were freshly baked and supremely delicious. Maggie liked it more than the rest of us. She knew when I walked into my house with a bag of things that there was something to eat in it. I put hers on the floor and it took her a few minutes of sniffing and posturing for her to eat it. This was certainly a new food for her. She didn’t quite know what to make of it. Dad also had to run by the funeral home this morning. Charlie’s brother-in-law had passed away. If I would have known ahead of time, I would’ve went as well. Dad said he was a hard drinking and heavy smoking man who lived well past what Charlie’s family had assumed.

No comments: