Wednesday, January 23, 2019

The Quiet After a Snow Storm…

Dad was saying this morning that he was going to run off and marry a virile young woman and live it up for a change.

“if you do that, then I am going to marry Tuleana on the courthouse steps,” I replied. “We just have to come up with the $100 fee.”

Dad laughed nervously and cut his eyes towards me trying to discern my manner.

“I’ve turned over a new leaf about her now, dad,” I told him. “She is in a tough situation with that man living off her and her disability. She’s got a good heart. She’s just simple like a child. She deserves our kindness and not our disdain.”

“If she asks you again for a ride are you going to take them?” dad then asked me.

“I might. It all depends on my mood at that moment and state of mental health,” I replied. “I am certainly not carrying Richard to the pawnshop, though.”

Well, Tuleana’s been having bad chest pains. They had to be at the hospital at 6:30am yesterday morning to run some tests. She wanted me to come to the hospital with her, but I just wasn’t up to the task. She called me tonight ecstatically telling me she is okay.

“They believe I was just experiencing bad heartburn,” she told me.

“That’s good news!” I said sounding relieved.

“Can I tell you I love you?” Tuleana asked.

“Oh dear!” was what I was thinking.

She told me she loved me and got off the phone. Dad says I get in these messes because I am too kind for my own good.

1 comment:

Sharyn said...

Because someone has had a hard life is not a reason to put your own mental health in jeopardy! Be wary of Tut. The nicer you are, the more she'll crave and I am not entirely sure it's her fault. Like a puppy found in a dumpster, she is grateful, I'm sure.

Has Tracey been nursing you thru you illnesses? Don't hide your foibles from her. If she loves you, she'll be there. Even when I dissociate and "Evil" Sharyn comes out; Bill tries....

Well I love you, always have always will! Glad you are back!!