Sunday, January 13, 2019

Good Food and Company was to be Had…

Charlie arrived at ten this morning. Oh, what a sight for sore eyes he was. I welcomed him inside, but he could only stay for a few minutes. Old Fuss and Feather’s senior coffee was getting cold. Dad says that McDonald’s senior coffee tastes better than the coffee he makes at home and thus he relishes it.

“Hey Maggie Lou,” Charlie said as he lavished praise upon the Magster.

Maggie wiggled joyously and barked repeatedly.

We were all happy souls this morning. Fine company and good food was to be had. Charlie asked me what I wanted for supper tonight and I told him to get me another $5 dollar fillup chicken sandwich meal.

“I didn’t know they even had a chicken sandwich meal deal,” Charlie said.

“I looked online at all the meals they offer,” I told Charlie. “I don’t know why I am so keen on chicken sandwiches right now.”

“I’ll bring you and Maggie some Chick-fil-A next week one night,” Charlie told me to my delight.

There was a time for goodbyes and Maggie and I stood at the screen door and waved Charlie off. Maggie stood and barked wanton goodbyes. Hell, I felt like barking myself. 

No comments: