Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Sandwich Night at Andrew’s Casa…

Maggie had been bugging me all day about something to eat other than dogfood. I got her some .59 cent packs of corned beef and roast beef tonight as a snack. I gave her one immediately after putting my groceries away and the whimpering and whining stopped. Yeah, Maggie plays me like a card, but she can sound so pitiful – as if she is starving to death. I noticed she had a full bowl of dogfood, though. Sucker!

“You okay, Chuck?” dad asked as we walked across Kroger’s parking lot with our carts.

I had been quiet all night and dad said I looked pale as a ghost.

“I feel as if I am going to jump out of my skin,” I told my father as we began to load up our groceries. “Just be glad you don’t have a mental illness. Getting out tonight was tough on me for some reason.”

“In a few short hours, you will be taking your main medications again. Get a good night’s sleep and you will feel better in the morning,” he told me without much more consolation. “Come over at eleven and drink you an ice cold diet Coke. That’ll make you feel better.” 

It is just one of those things I go through from time to time. I will feel better, like my father said, after a good night’s sleep. When I arrived home, I took my nightly dosages of Klonopin and Coreg and now feel much better as I write this – the anxiety abating some.

On the food front, I got all kinds of things to make delicious sandwiches from and spent only $62 dollars. I got some fresh baked dark Jewish rye from the deli that just looks delectable and smells heavenly. I also got all kinds of thin shaved meats. I splurged and bought a bottle of Grey Poupon spicy mustard as well. I love how it opens the sinuses when you eat it if you spread it on liberally. The last thing on my list was cheese and I stocked up on a mötley crüe from muenster to pepper jack.  

No comments: