Sunday, January 06, 2019

The Never Ending Day…

Have you ever had one of those days that you thought would never end? I had one today. It seems like I have been up for days. 11:30pm is about to arrive so my day is winding down. I got up too early for starters. I am listening to light classical music on music choice while Maggie grooms herself on the couch before going to bed. It is chilly in here, but I don’t want to turn up the heat before going to bed, So here I sit with a heavy jacket on in front of the den computer.

Charlie showed up with breakfast at ten this morning. McDonald’s completely screwed up our order. Maggie and I got egg McMuffins and I got a gigantic sweet tea to drink. I dearly missed my usual diet Coke. Beggars can’t be choosers, though.

I’ve had two sets of Logitech Z523 speakers to fail. I had another set fail this morning and I was so deflated and disappointed computer parts wise. I am having to use my monitor’s built in speakers on those two computers. Lackluster sound at best with no bass whatsoever. I don’t think I will be buying any Logitech speakers from now on. They make great mice and keyboards, but their speakers suck. I might try a set of Cyber Acoustic’s speakers next.

I just wanted a simple chicken sandwich tonight without Charlie making a special trip to McDonald’s to get it.

“Now, I don’t mind making an extra trip,” Charlie told me over the phone calling to see what I wanted.

“Just get me the KFC crunchy chicken sandwich $5 fillup meal,” I told him which was a mouthful of words.

I also got a chocolate chip cookie and some of those well done potato wedges KFC sells. They weren’t half bad. 

I waited until 7:30pm before telling Maggie Charlie and Papa were coming. She only had to hold vigil for an hour in the window. Here they came pulling up near my house about 8:30pm. Charlie parked way down almost in front of my neighbor’s house. I walked out to greet them while Maggie barked behind the screen door.

“Hell, why did you park way down here?” dad asked Charlie.

“Cause I can’t drive worth a shit, John!” Charlie exclaimed.

I couldn’t help but chuckle and welcomed them inside.

No comments: