Monday, January 14, 2019

Mwahahaha…The Kroger Bandito Rides Again…

“I’m warning you ahead of time,” I told my father as he pushed his cart in front of me. “I bet I spent $90 dollars, but I was out of everything.”

“That’s okay,” he said which surprised me. “You are a few days behind anyway.”

I guessed it pretty correctly. I spent $89.99. Dad didn’t even flinch. You can’t get any closer than that!

I am trying to eat more meal like nutrition instead of just snacking around the clock or grazing as dad likes to call it. I am trying hamburger and tuna helper for the first time in many years. I am also making lots of rice dishes like chicken, cheddar, broccoli, and rice. I also had to remind dad that I am feeding more than just little ole me. I am feeding Tracy as well.

Well, I got home and unloaded my groceries and I couldn’t find the thank you card I had bought for my sister. I wanted to thank her for the wonderful clothes she bought me for Christmas. Much diligence was taken in finding the right card. I tried to call my father and catch him before he left Kroger from doing his shopping, but he wasn’t answering his phone.

“I am going to drive back up there and look in the cart,” I told Maggie as I headed out the door to the car.

There it was sweet baby jeebus. In the cart as I had pushed it into the bin. I was so relieved. It was so inconspicuous that it wouldn’t be stolen easily. I snatched it out of the cart as the cart boy looked on quizzically and hurried home. 

No comments: