Sunday, December 09, 2018

Comment Reply…

Blogger Sharyn Bellah said...

You know, I had been concerned with the amount of hours you were working. And paid or not, you were working. Very rarely does a volunteer work THAT many hours. Maybe you did take on too much. You had intended on a nice volunteer job a couple of days a week maybe half a day. What you got was 40+ hours a week. Plus a volunteer almost never has a key and to be asked to "open the shop", is over the top.
If you go back, you should (in writing) map out what a Volunteer's Job really is. In CA, Volunteers aren't allowed to clean cages, for instance. You could help Miss Barbara get a handle on what a volunteer is and what they should do. This would be helpful for future volunteers too.
And, oh yeah, you got rid of Tut; even if you never volunteer again, you got rid of Tut. (What happened to her man, Richard?)

Andrew Replies…

Sharyn, I agree. Mrs. Barbara was asking too much of me and it is a hard and dirty job. Also, it is a long drive spanning three cities and Old Fuss and Feathers was having to pay for the gas to and fro not even factoring in the wear and tear on my car. For some reason, he insists on paying for my gas. I will keep your thoughts in mind when they hire someone new to do my job and when I decide what to do about my volunteering capacity. I think I am going to stay on volunteering and see how things go. That would thrill Tracy to death.  Just in a limited capacity.

RichardTut and Richard are still together. Richard lives off of Tut’s disability and plays his PlayStation 3 games all the time. He recently turned 49. All he does is obsess over Star Trek and Star Wars. I didn’t write about this for fear of repercussion, but I took him and Tut to the pawn shop a few weeks ago. He pawned two PS3 Batman games for $10 and bought tobacco with the money. They said they only wanted to go to the pawn shop, but added on an extra trip all the way down to West Point and the SunCo gas station to buy Tobacco. What a mess! I vowed never to do that again!!!

1 comment:

glittermom said...

I doubt you’ve heard the last from Tuleana. Those kind of people don’t give up that easily.