Saturday, December 22, 2018

Christmas Without You…

I am taking care of my girlfriend’s idiosyncratic cat over the holidays. I am lucky she adores and likes me. I told you all before that I am a cat magnet despite my allergies to them. I just have to wash my hands good after petting them. I don’t dare rub my eyes, mouth, or nose.

Tracy headed out for her mother’s house very late this afternoon. I am already missing her something terribly. She really brightens up a room when she steps inside. I won’t see her until the 26th and she has to be back for work. It is going to seem like an eternity. Luckily, her mother’s house is just an hour and a half drive away.

“I wanted to wake up beside you on Christmas morning,” she told me wistfully as we talked on the phone as she was headed up the interstate this afternoon.

Tracy is a hopeless romantic at heart and it is catching.

Tracy’s and my Christmas went without a hitch last night. She loved the food and her watch. She said I am spoiling her. She’s my little princess I tell ya. She really loved the stocking full of candy and gum. She has a sweet tooth like I do. She said that was very thoughtful and a very nice Christmassy touch. I loved the video games she got me. Yes, Morrowind Online was included along with a game time card for one month’s play. I will have to sign up for a subscription when that month runs out. It will be nice playing with real people from all over the country in that game. Think of Facebook with a 3D world of swords and shields and monsters to fight. I haven’t played an MMORPG (massive multiplayer online role playing game) since Warcraft. 

Charlie will be here in the morning with breakfast. I look forward to seeing him. Maybe we will get bacon, egg, and cheese biscuits again like last weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're happy. You deserve it!

Merry Christmas!

glittermom said...

Did you ever get your Christmas tree? I don’t remember seeing a picture.