Monday, December 10, 2018

The Homecoming Queen…

I hadn’t seen Tracy since Friday morning. She was a sight for sore eyes let me tell you. She said seeing my car in the Humane Society’s parking lot this morning was the best thing she had seen in a long time. Tracy spent the weekend with her mother in Atlanta.

“I am going to give you three kisses for coming back,” she said and gave me some heartwarming whoppers.

“That was nice!” I exclaimed.

She wanted to come up here tonight, but I told her she needs to take a break. Tracy always tries to do too much and spreads herself thin. I told her Wheezy is going to think she abandoned her.

“Why don’t you come down to my apartment tonight?” Tracy asked. “I need some alone time with you.”

“My injection is in the morning,” I replied. “I need to stick close to home and stay on schedule.”

Tracy gave me a pouty look and then said okay.

“I sure am going to miss you tonight,” she replied hinting that she may just drive up anyway.

I went about my daily tasks as if it were any other day. I donned my rubber boots and my giant vinyl apron and got to work power blasting and obliterating dog poo. I was back home by 1:00 pm having finished all my tasks.

2 comments:

glittermom said...

Would you be willing to work there if it was just 3 days a week? I’m sure they wouldn’t turn down any help they get. Maybe your just burned out doing that job. I just feel sorry for the dogs.

Andrew said...

Glittermom, I am burned out. Right now I am working three days a week. Nine in the morning until noon.