Sunday, December 09, 2018

Just Your Usual Sunday…

I got up at the ungodly hour of 8 am this morning for no apparent reason other than to wait on Charlie I guess. Within a hour he was here with Maggie’s and my breakfasts.

“I just love your Christmas lights!” Charlie exclaimed.

“Dad said they looked tacky,” I told Charlie with a chuckle.

“Don’t you pay no attention to Mr. Perfect!” Charlie replied smiling.

Charlie thought they were tacky, too. I just know it. He was just being nice.

Charlie was soon gone leaving us heathens to fend for ourselves. Maggie ate her sausage and went and buried her biscuit halves in the backyard as usual. Her nose was all muddy when she came back inside after both trips. I called dad and asked if I could come over after breakfast. He welcomed me over the phone. He was eating his sausage biscuit and drinking his senior coffee when I arrived. We got to talking about how I used to lead the local Methodist church choir when our music director went out of town.

“That’s amazing you could do that back then with all your social phobias,” dad said.

“I used could kill Mrs. Adcock for doing that to me!” I replied with a laugh. “I’d be a nervous wreck. Rachel (ex-wife) got me in all that mess.”

“We need to order your Newegg Christmas tomorrow,” dad then said. “What are you getting?”

“A Gigabyte Radeon Vega 64 video card, some blue lighted fans for my computer case, and a big pack of recordable DVDs,” I replied. “Oh, and a 4K ultra high definition compatible HDMI cable.”

Old Fuss and Feathers had no clue what I was talking about and told me so.

“Be sure to email Matt (pharmacy computer guru) when you get home,” he told me. “We’ll try to get it ordered tomorrow. Call me at the pharmacy and remind me.”

He better bet I will. This will be the first time I will own and install a tier one and also a company flagship video card. I just pray it will work in my computer. They recommend at least a 750 watt power supply and that’s exactly what I’ve got in my main gaming rig. I am going to be just squeaking by on that requirement.

3 comments:

glittermom said...

Your font seems a lot smaller, kind of hard to read. I dont know if you did something or me. I’ll have to see if I can make it bigger

Andrew said...

Glittermom, I bumped up the font size a couple of numbers. This should be better. Let me know!

glittermom said...

Seems a little better. Thanks.