Sunday, December 30, 2018

“He’s had some wine,” Charlie said…

A new Popeye’s opened on fast food row down 29. Of course, my father and Charlie were one of the many in town who wanted to try it.

“We waited in line for forty minutes,” Charlie said of their journey to the land of fried shrimp tackle boxes.

“That explains the 9 pm arrival,” I smarmily replied.

I wanted a chicken sandwich and Charlie got that at McDonald’s – a southern buttermilk encrusted chicken sandwich and it was delicious. Maggie got one as well. She ate everything but the dill pickles. It was reminiscent of Chick-fil-A.

Dad was acting all goofy – laughing loudly, boisterously and talking crudely about sex and women.

“What’s up with him?” I asked Charlie with a chuckle as he was filling Maggie's water bowl in the kitchen.

“He’s had some wine,” Charlie told me with a smirk.

I can’t be mad with my father for some reason. I should be raising hell. It is all rather comical to be honest – hearing my father carry on like he does after a few glasses of wine. I was just glad Charlie was driving tonight.

“Charlie? Don’t worry about my trash,” I told him as he was stepping back into the kitchen.

“You sure?” Charlie asked.

“I will take it out in the morning,” I replied. “Now, you all head on and get Horsefly his meal.”

Maggie and I were both sad to see them go. They really liven up a house in a hurry.

No comments: