Saturday, December 15, 2018

Tracy Giggles, Charlie Chuckles…

Charlie called me this morning. I hadn’t been up long, but I was dressed. I was fixin to head to Old Fuss and Feather’s house.

“I am coming to get you,” Charlie said. “Our TV is talking to us every time you press a button.”

“How did y’all get it to do that?” I asked incredulously.

“Oh hell, I don’t know,” Charlie replied. “Janice must’ve hit the wrong button.”

I laughed and Charlie chuckled.

“Well, you are going to have to come inside and say hello to Maggie when you come,” I told Charlie.

Charlie said he would. Soon, here he came rolling up my street. I told Maggie Charlie was here and she went apeshit bananas yet once again.

“Maggie Lou, just what are you doing?” Charlie asked exuberantly.

Maggie wiggled and barked in ecstasy as Charlie rubbed and petted her vigorously and robustly.

“Come on, let’s go fix my TV.”

It was a simple fix. I can’t remember exactly what I did, but there was a setting in the menu that turned off speech assist.

“That sure was easy,” Janice said lying on the couch while she watched the television.

“Andrew, I don’t know what we would do without you,” Charlie told me.

Charlie slipped me twenty dollars and gave me five sodas for the road. Charlie really does spoil me. I got one leaded regular Coca-Cola, two diet Cokes, and two Sprite Zeros. A motley mix, but right up my alley.

No comments: