Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Man On a Mission…

MrsG_SEO_products-FB

“I am going to sit this one out,” I told my father tonight of going to the grocery store. “It is already 32° degrees outside.”

“Aw, babe,” he said. “We will be in and out and back home before you know it. Come on, let’s go!”

I had never seen Kroger so bereft of customers than tonight. I used it to my advantage and quickly filled my cart with items I needed. Dad was soon right behind me as we made our way up front to checkout. I got a shitload of food for $76 dollars and dad remarked upon it.

“What was on sale?” dad asked.

“I didn’t buy that god awful expensive gourmet chicken salad tonight,” I replied. “The Powerade was also on sale for $3.99 an eight pack.”

I was having serious wardrobe malfunctions tonight as well. I kept having to pull my pants up and I couldn’t even wear these pants two months ago. Dad got to laughing as I held my pants up as I walked across the parking lot to load up my trunk.

“You need a belt,” he said loudly.

“None of my belts fit me either!” I exclaimed. “And who wants to go to Walmart and buy one?”

There was no reply. Dad abhors Walmart as much as I do. We went our separate ways and headed home to get out of this cold.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL here in the Northeast 32 is not exactly cold.

Man up you guys!

Andrew said...

I manned up and went! You should see what happens when it snows around here. Sheer pandemonium. 32° degrees is cold as shit!

Beth said...

Order the belt from Amazon! Just measure your waist and pick a style you like.