Friday, December 07, 2018

Say Good Night Gracie…

Well, I quit volunteering today. You can take this volunteer position and shove it because I don’t volunteer here anymore. Mrs. Barbara made a very snide remark about my being late and I turned around and drove home. The reason I was late was that there was a bad wreck on 29 and traffic was backed up. Tracy briskly walked out to the car with me trying to get me to change my mind, but my mind was made up. I was burned out anyway and needed a break. I am going to rest a few weeks and maybe see if the Literacy Center needs any more volunteers.  Mrs. Barbara keeps trying to get me on the phone, but I am not answering. I am a sensitive fellow and her words hurt me.  Now, she will have to hire someone else to do the job and maybe this will get her off that damn computer and make her butt clean for a change.

I was just in one of those rare aggressive moods of mine today. Tuleana called wanting a ride at lunch. Her food stamps had been replenished. The phone had already rung several times starting as soon as I got home.

“I’m not carrying you damn anywhere. If you keep calling me then I pressing harassment charges. You are about to drive me nuts!”

I hung up the phone abruptly and she hasn’t called back thank goodness. I hope I put an end to that monkey business.

5 comments:

Sharyn said...

WOW!! You ok?

Andrew said...

Yeah, I am okay. I was just in a weird frame of mind today and that's how the cookie crumbles.

glittermom said...

This doesn’t sound like you. Your usually more forgiving. Everyone has a bad day...maybe Barbara was too.

skinny minny said...

Well, I personally believe that snid comments are extremely hurtful and I try not say any, I don't succeed but I try and when I do slip up I try to apologise and make it up. For her to say something to you , a volunteer, without even asking why you were late or if you were okay is just really bad form. Plus it seemed to me that you were being taken advantage of since it should have been a paid position. I mean volunteers are vital part of places like that but they are volunteers to help and because a hard and fast schedule is difficult to keep or maybe not desired by the volunteer.
The literacy center well be blessed to have you.
Gayle

Sharyn said...

And you got rid of Tut!!! LOL