Friday, December 28, 2018

With Trembling Hands He Goes Forth…

“Your hands are trembling,” my father said as we met down an aisle in Kroger this afternoon.

“I am a little overwhelmed by the crowd of folks in here,” I replied of a very busy Kroger.

“Now you see why I insist on going around nine at night,” he told me.

Dad was just getting back in town and called me to meet him at Kroger to buy our groceries. He had been at my brother’s house watching Auburn win a bowl game. He was very excited and overjoyed at the win.

“War Eagle!” he said to me. “Come on, let’s get you checked out and home safe and sound.”

I followed my father up front and soon we were walking to our cars.

“You, after all these years, still have trouble in social situations. Don’t you?” he asked as we walked.

“It gets to me at times, but at least I can muddle on through in these later years,” I told him. “Used to, I wouldn’t allow myself to be put in these kinds of situations.”

I got lots of good food tonight and spent over eighty dollars. Tracy and I are having grilled hamburgers and hot dogs New Year’s Day. The ribeye's were $8.99 a pound and that was too rich for my blood. Time to dust off and clean the grill sitting in the basement. I just hope the weather cooperates.  

No comments: