Sunday, December 16, 2018

No Trash For the Trash Man…

MaggieCharlie and Old Fuss and Feathers were in extraordinary moods tonight. As you already know, Charlie and my father bring meals every Sunday night. I obfuscated things somewhat asking for a plain single with cheese for Maggie, but they got the order right. Charlie took Maggie’s water bowl into the kitchen to empty and refill it.

“You didn’t leave me any trash to take out tonight,” he said almost mournfully. 

Dad was getting Maggie stirred up on the couch. She was really “talking” to him.

“She’s been a good companion to you all these years,” dad said.

“She’s my Magster,” I replied as I bent over and hugged her. “I don’t know what I would do without her. Thank y’all for getting her a burger tonight.”

“If you lose any more weight, you are going to waste away,” Charlie told me which made me feel good.

They soon left and Maggie and I settled in and ate our burgers. Mine was delicious, A Wendy’s double with cheese and Maggie’s was just a plain single with cheese with none of the fixins. I told dad before he left I had about filled out on the fill-ups from KFC.

Dad broached the subject of Christmas Eve before he left tonight.

“Now, you can come, but there is going to be a lot of people there,” he said. “I thought that would make you nervous.”

“Let’s have another Christmas at Andrew’s house afterwards,” I told my father.

“Charlie and I will bring your gifts and I will bring you a big plate of food,” he said.

“Sounds good to me,” I replied, content with the arrangements.

1 comment:

Sharyn said...

A much better way to express it. An invite, a concern, with an alternate plan. Not hiding you in a closet so you won't drink!