Monday, December 03, 2018

Two Thirds Capacity…

That’s right. We have twenty dogs in the kennels right now and it makes my job that much harder. I started cleaning at nine and didn’t finish until one. I had to work over today. I was pooped out by the time quitting time rolled around. I kept hoping for some adoptions today, but few people stopped by to look in the kennels. I want them all to find their forever home. We have a very mötley crüe in residence at the moment – all kinds of dogs. 

“Don’t forget to take your medications,” Tracy said when twelve arrived.

I like to see her play an active role in my recovery. I had them in a pill bottle in my pocket. I thanked her and went into the bathroom and poured me a cup of water. I began to feel much better on the drive home. Less fatigued and busy minded. My medications quiet the noise in my head. Tracy gave me a kiss goodbye and said she wished she could come home with me.

“We could nap all afternoon and laze in the bed,” she told me wistfully. “I really need a nap and a cuddle badly. I am so drowsy!”

Alas, Tracy had to stay on and work until six this evening. I hated to leave her, but I was ready to get home to my Magster. I was also starving and stopped by Wendy’s on my way back to mi casa and got Maggie and I a double/w cheese. Last night’s was so good I had to get another. Maggie will eat everything but the pickles.

Despite eating such fattening food lately (sparsely), I was able to fit back into my flannel scotch patterned pajamas last night. It was luxurious. I was overjoyed and Charlie remarked upon how much weight I have lost yesterday evening. I’ve been losing about one pound a week lately.

Old Fuss and Feathers Gives In…

I have an allowance now. I feel like some kind of child or a teenager to be honest, but I was glad to get it. Old Fuss and Feathers decided to give me $40 a week (after I begged him).

“The first sign of drinking and I am taking it away,” he told me last night very sternly.

“I won’t let you down,” I told him giddy with glee.

I feel as if I won the lottery to put it frankly. It was a big step for my father, but I have worked hard for it staying on the straight and narrow and religiously taking my medications. I told him I could find a way to drink if I wanted to money or not. Charlie was in my corner last night about it telling my father to trust me. This opens the door to Charlie giving me money from time to time again. I always vehemently refuse, but he insists. Before dad took control of my disability money, Charlie would always give me $20 when he saw me as a gift.

1 comment:

skinny minny said...

You are making such strides in your life! I'm so happy for you!