Tuesday, December 18, 2018

The Wiley Wills of My Father…

Last night, I needed gas. My low gas indicator was on and I don’t know what I would do without it. I’d probably run out of gas sooner or later. Dad called me at 9 pm ready to go.

“I will meet you at the Circle K on Gilmer avenue,” he told me.

He insists on putting my gas on his personal Visa for some reason. I braved the cold and soon my father came pulling into the gas station. We filled up both our cars and I had one more task to do.

“Let’s run inside and get Maggie a couple of bags of fried pork skins (chicharrones),” I told my father.

I used my allowance money to pay for them.

“Are you ready to go to the grocery store?” Old Fuss and Feathers then asked. “We can go ahead and get it done and over with.”

“Let’s put it off till tomorrow night,” I said feeling shaky last night.

The was a little coercion, but my father gave in and said alright. I don’t think he really wanted to do all that last night as well.

Well, I got home and dad called me and we ended up talking for another hour on the phone. Maggie just adored a bag of pork skins by the way. It is one of her favorite treats these days.

“We are going to get Charlie and Horsefly this week and ride around and look at all the Christmas lights,” dad said. “How does that sound?”

I told him that sounded like a fun adventure. I love to hear dad and Charlie banter and bicker back and forth. I can then poke Horsefly and make him laugh.

1 comment:

glittermom said...

Is there trouble in paradise....I get concerned when I don’t hear anything in a few days. Just drop a line so we know alls well.