Sunday, April 03, 2005

A beautiful spring day……..

Today was beautiful and much needed. The temperatures were in the mid-seventies. The trees are almost leafed out and filled with bright green new growth. Azaleas and dogwoods are blooming everywhere and pockmark the forests and front yards in white, red, and pink adorned glory. The essence of summer is in the air.

Today, I, my father, Charlie, Charlie’s son and his daughter met my brother and law Doug over at the pond and grilled out hamburgers. Charlie’s granddaughter was busy catching tadpoles on the edge of the pond and I helped. It brought back fond memories of my own same activities from past springs at this very pond during my childhood. She insisted on bringing the tadpoles home in a solo cup but I stealthily released them in a nearby creek to live another day after she had left for home. They surely would have died in that little solo cup given time.

After arriving home from the pond, I and Charlie spent time moving more loads of furniture from his old house to mine. It was quite an arduous experience and my right foot is still aching horribly. I put on a bold face and did my best to help this man whom has helped me so much. He paid me $7 dollars for helping and I went to eat on it tonight and got Chinese takeout. It was General Tso’s chicken and tasted fair. We really do not have any good Chinese takeout places to speak of around here. It was much better than fast food though and the portions are over generous for the amount paid. I still have another meal I can eat on it tomorrow.

---------------------------


An interesting and embarrassing experience……

One thing I sure will not garner much of is friends or potential mates with this blog with my honest postings shall I? Who wants to be friends or date a person that is in my condition? It is okay though and I can laugh about it and see it a humorous light. I would do the same and those are not the intentions of this blog. This blog is just a daily journal and a way for me to compose my thoughts and for me to write creatively. It helps me immensely to just get my thoughts down. Maybe, I do need to do it in a much less public manner though.

Well, despite my mother’s schizophrenia and the similar hard times she experiences, she is a drill sergeant when it comes to scheduling appointments and taking medicines. She has the mind of an elephant and doesn’t forget such things.

My father has put her in charge of my medicine regiment. I am on a new cocktail of different drugs and they are in pill form on top of my risperdal injection. I am to check in with mother twice a day so she can dole out my medicines and for them, my parents, to make sure I am taking them. It is not that I do not like taking my medicines, I just forget and am horrible at keeping up with what I have taken and when.

No comments: