Sunday, April 10, 2005

Summer break……

I have not been posting much lately. Blogger has had some ills and it has made me wary of trying to post. I have learned my lesson though and always use a word processor before posting as to save my work. Nothing sucks worse than typing out a long post only to have blogger dump it into cyber purgatory.

I have looked at other options for a journal but I hate Live Journal and especially the denizens that frequent that service and Diaryland just seems funky to me. I will just be patient as blogger goes through its teething woes. I really cannot complain too greatly as this is a free service. I cannot remember the last time I got such satisfaction and enjoyment out of something free for such a long period of time.

I had a grand camping trip/mountain bike journey planned for this weekend but had to scrap those plans. Family and school obligations forced me to stay home this weekend as I thought everything over carefully. I just couldn’t afford to “play” this weekend and had to “work”. I spent the weekend working on a 6 page critical review I have to turn in this week for World Literature (I was sloppy and terse in my psychology paper). I also had to study for another biology exam and catch up on reading some chapters. My B grade on the last exam embarrassed me and I vowed to make an A on the upcoming exam on Mendelian Genetics. I tried to make all of this fun and about learning though.

Yesterday morning, I spent six hours at East Alabama Medical Center as they ran a slew of tests on my Great Uncle Bob. He has not been feeling well lately he said. He had asked me to take him and I agreed without hesitation. It was not the most fun thing to do on a Saturday morning but I felt an obligation to help out an elderly family member. For being in his mid-eighties, I think he does surprisingly well.

After a long talk over lunch today with my father, I decided to forego college this summer and will take a break. He seemed perfectly fine about it. My dilemma was that during summer term the classes are two hours long and my attention span doesn’t cope with such long class periods very well. I felt I would miss a lot of class as I got fed up with the long class times. I will start again with renewed vigor in the fall. I look forward to enjoying the upcoming hot, southern summer to the fullest.

No comments: