Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Blogger Blues…….

I just really haven’t felt like updating this journal. I have been very busy with school and work. Sometimes I think that blogging or journaling is such a fruitless and narcissistic endeavor and grow weary of it. In these times I take a break. I read so many blogs and they all seem to be cries of attention or recognition. Is that a bad thing? Or is it good? I do not know but I know from my own feelings that blogging lately has just not felt right.

I have written many posts only to keep them to myself. It just feels weird having a multitude of mostly strangers reading the intimate details of my life. My father stresses to keep such intimate details private. He tells me many times to never divulge weakness or illness as others will take advantage of your disadvantage. He says it is only human nature to do so; survival of the fittest as in social Darwinism. I do not know if he is right but I do know that more harm than good has come about when I divulge my mental illness to others. The majority of people are frightened by people who are different or are not normal.

No comments: