Monday, April 18, 2005

Beautiful Sunrise

More Memoirs of my Homeless Days

I awoke this morning to freezing cold and deathly silence. It seemed as if the woods were dead and I was the only one alive. I unzipped my tent door and poked my head out to smoke still wrapped in my sleeping bag. I was greeted by a beautiful sunrise and frost upon everything. I could see my breath with every exhale. Brrrrrr! I smoked my cigarette and wrapped back up in my warm sleeping bag. I waited till the sun had risen enough to remove some of the chill in the air before I got up and about.

About midday, I was starving. I put on my shoes which had accompanied me in my sleeping bag and put on my heavy jacket. I used my lighter to light my camp stove and boiled some water. I then poured the boiling water into a cup of ramen noodles and ravenously wolfed them down. Finally satiated, I donned my radio and listened to the weather band. The computer generated voice assured me of pleasant weather. I long for a warm day and maybe today will be the day. I just have to wait on the sun to do his thing.

No comments: