Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Busy Bee…….

The clutch of semester’s end has me in its grasp. I haven’t had much time to do anything but just work, study, and write papers. I am almost finished with school till next fall. I have decided to forego going to summer school since the classes that term are two hours long. Two hour classes are just not my cup of tea and my attention span doesn’t cope too well with such long classes.

Yesterday was my birthday and I turned 33. I am getting to be an old fart aren’t I? lol I feel much older than my years suggest after all I have gone through in my short life. Sometimes, I do feel like a grumpy old man as my moniker suggests. I feel like a jaded, cynical old crabby bastard.

I didn’t buy a digital camera as planned. I thought it would be stupid to spend such amounts of money on something that would only be used for a blog. I went down to Wal-Mart and bought a new three man tent and summer weight sleeping bag with the hundred dollars my parents gave me yesterday. My previous Wal-Mart tent had seen better days and was beginning to leak like a sieve. Now, I am prepared for many summer camping trips without putting wear and tear on my expensive and nice Kelty tent. Also, my nice, expensive down sleeping bag is tortuously hot in the summer. This new bag has a rating of 40 degrees and a cotton liner and should be more comfortable and bearable in the southern, summer heat.

No comments: