Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Memoirs of my Homeless Days

An old journal entry from my journal when I was homeless...

I have found that I can drink all day on light beer. Normal beer or ice beer fucks me up in a matter of hours. I can drink 18 light beers over a 12 hour period and only be moderately drunk. I can drink 6 ice beers and I will be slurring my speech. I have found 18 packs of keystone light for $7.99. A twelve pack of ice beer is $5.99.

I guess one of the main reasons I drink so much is the despair over my divorce and the boring, stale nature of my life at the moment. I absolutely have nothing to do all day other than to go over to Memaw’s house and get on the internet. I have all this bitter pain inside and a few drinks lessen it. I forget my ails and woes and feel better for a few short hours. Luckily, I don’t have hangovers like I did when I was a young man.

No comments: