Saturday, April 16, 2005

Birthday Wishes

Last night was my and my sister’s birthday party. Dad did go all out and cooked a great meal. The only problem was that we had to wait for my sister and her husband to arrive from Birmingham to eat which was after 9 PM. I was just famished by the time we ate.

It does seem as you get older the less important your birthdays become. I am very modest when it comes to such things and do not like a fuss. Dad made me and my sister sit at the heads of the table and it made me uncomfortable. I like to sit on the sides and blend in. All in all in was a good time and after the meal we all sat around looking at old family photo albums and laughed. My mother was meticulous in capturing all our childhood memories in photos. Dad good heartedly joked that it cost him a fortune over the years in photo processing through his pharmacy.

    • Birthday Menu:

      A large baked ham w/ homemade barbeque sauce
      Pineapple and cheddar casserole
      Chicken and corn bread dressing
      Asparagus w/lemon and mayonnaise sauce
      German Potato Salad – My favorite dish!
      Deviled eggs with olives
      Homemade yeast rolls
      Homemade chocolate layer cake
      Homemade vanilla ice cream – my grandmother’s special recipe


All in all it was a grand time and I ate till I could eat no more. I had a hard time going to sleep last night due to indigestion.

No comments: