Thursday, April 14, 2005

Bah!!!!!!!

I have been trying to wean myself from writing on this blog but I always come back to it. I guess I am an addict. I just feel really uncomfortable about sharing such personal details about my life with mostly strangers. Maybe I need to be more abstract in my writings and focus on events and not details. Hopefully, that will make me more comfortable about doing this

______________________________________________________


Voluntary Homelessness……

I am still putting together some plans for this summer. An original plan was to try car living but sleeping in a car would be unbearably hot during a southern summer. The heat would be stifling. I live in a rural area with lots of woodlands and rural dirt roads so it would be crazy to sleep in a car with a comparably cool tent to sleep in nearby. I have decided to just use the tent and sleeping bag this summer that I bought a few days ago.

I will use my house as home base; a place to store food and to take showers. I will also keep my internet connection active and will use it to update this blog with my experiences. Since I will only at the house sparingly this will greatly reduce my living expenses such as cooling the house this summer. My plan is for voluntary simplicity and to live as simply as possible. I just want to keep my survival skills as sharp and have read a ton of material about doing this online. My first experience with homelessness was miserable and I want to find a way to live comfortably homeless. This blog will be a place to document my attempts and the experiment.

No comments: