Wednesday, February 02, 2005

A close to freezing severe thunder storm…..

Just a few more damn degrees lower and we could have had thunder snow! Nah, that ain’t gonna happen here in the Bermuda triangle of anti-snow that is the area where I live. The weather has been so weird here lately in the south with ice storms and severe storms. I was talking to a friend earlier on the phone and had to get off as it was lightning so severely. The phone would pop and crackle loudly with every flash as we were speaking.

Tonight I had my World Literature class. Our instructor disclosed what our exam next week will be like. It is broken up into two tests and two class periods. Test one will be five essay questions such as “Discuss the major prevalent themes in Gilgamesh”. Test two will be 100 multiple choice test questions via http://www.scantron.com/education/higher_education/index.shtml. I am ready and rearing to go. I think I am prepared and just need to go over my notes one more time before Monday.

Tomorrow is my big and first biology exam. We have to complete 50 questions in 40 minutes. I think I am ready as I will ever be. An interesting note though. The ladies whom I often study with had all called me tonight and asked certain questions. One was like…

“Hey Jon, I just called ******* and she didn’t know this. Are nucleic acids the building blocks of proteins? Call me back when you can.”

Or……

“Jon. Cellulose is a carbohydrate right? I need to talk to you about polysaccharides and monomers. Give me a call when you get in.”

It made me smile to get such messages. These are all older women that are married with children and have gone back to school to get nursing degrees.

________________________________________


I got an email tonight from a long time reader and whom I have grown to be great friends with. They asked why I didn’t talk about my work much on the blog. It is just something I do not feel comfortable with. My job is so important to me and my future that I do not want to jeopardize it by posting intimate things to just a silly blog. http://atheist-thinking.blogspot.com/2005/01/hidden-dangers-of-blogging.html wrote a good post that sums up how I feel about this. Similar to what Aaron wrote is also why I took down my name and town for anonymities sake. I actually had a reader find my parent’s phone number and call them to get in touch with me. That kind of scared and shocked me at the time. They did turn out to be a friend so alls well that ends well.

No comments: