Friday, February 04, 2005

The clouds have finally broken……

It has been such a cold, dreary, and overcast week. Everything seemed to take on this grey, misty hue and it was depressing. I was pleased to wake up this morning with sunshine pouring in through my plastic covered windows. I went and opened all my blinds to get the full effect.

I slowly made my way back into the world of the awakened. I was just exhausted after a busy week though. I slept so hard last night that I didn’t move and lay on my side all night. I woke up this morning with a sore hip and a limp. Breakfast was a disposable bowl of generic brand corn flakes and milk. I didn’t feel like messing up the kitchen.

So what are you up to today? Absolutely nothing! I don’t have work or school until next Monday and have three days of idle bliss. I am going to be a good for nothing, lazy bastard for at least two days. Eat, sleep, and drink will be my motto and creed for the next few days. Sunday will be spent reading over summaries of all my World Literature material in preparation for an essay exam on Monday.

____________________________________________________


The rarity of early music…….

I have found that medieval or renaissance music is extremely rare in recorded form. This morning I endeavored to find legitimate copies of the stuff I downloaded last night and it is all out of print. Sigh. 8^( I will keep looking though.

There is this one guy in a newsgroup called Sir Gawain that must be a collector and is uploading much of this stuff. I can just picture this stuffy, frumpy guy dressed in medieval attire and sitting in front of a computer. That makes me smile.

I just don’t want the RIAA Gestapo to come bursting into my apartment with assault rifles and subpoenas. I have little to take unless they want a junked $500 car. I am pretty sure I am a small fry in the scheme of things. People aren’t exactly rushing out to buy Phillip the Chancellor from the Notre Dame School of medieval music are they? That is not their cash cow. They are going after the tweenies who are downloading Beyonce and Britney Spears I do think. I just want to learn about this music and am having a hard time finding the recorded material.

No comments: