Monday, February 21, 2005

Tired of moving…..

I am taking a break from moving as Charlie had to run over to his house to check on some workers that are finishing his garage. I have carried enough furniture and moved them up flights of stairs for a life time. We still have quite a bit to go though.

Yesterday, we had an extravaganza that was my neice’s one year birthday party. More than sixty people came. The cake had three tiers just like a wedding cake. I thought it all was ridiculous in a way but we did have a good time. Like I said before my sister-in-law is a Martha Stewart want to be. Charlie cooked enough hotdogs and hamburgers to feed an army. So you know what I will be eating the next few days – leftovers. I am not complaining though as that will make up for the short fall in last weeks budget. That means fewer groceries to buy this week.

The more stuff we move out of my house the more excited I grow. I know it will be many more weeks until I move in but I am excited none the less. Dad even told me yesterday that he is buying me a dishwasher and will have it installed as a housewarming present. That was damn nice of him and I appreciate very much. Hand washing dishes can be old if you cook a lot like me.

Well, let me go get in a quick smoke of my pipe and a soda and back to work I go. I guess my weekend of being lazy has come back to haunt me. 8^)

No comments: