Friday, February 11, 2005

What are my aspirations and what shall I do with a new blog?

My main goal is to become a social worker and help those with substance abuse and mental health issues. As a formerly homeless man and someone who suffers from mental illness I wish to make a difference and share what I have learned. Will I make it through four years of college? We will just have to see but I am off to a good start and am on my way.

One of the hardest things I am noticing about college is the drive for grades instead of knowledge. Far too many students toil for an A or B instead of actually learning the material in front of them and understanding it. It is an easy mindset to get into though as so much stock is put upon grades and your GPA. I am trying to break from that mold.

From time to time, I will discuss issues that are important to me and I think are relevant. I want this new blog to be much more than my old blog. I want to feel free to write creatively about almost any subject and not just a few. My old blog left me feeling restrained and compromised for some reason. Yes, I was getting over 100 hits a day from a variety of readers but I drew no satisfaction from that. I would rather have a little known blog and to be able to write freely what I was feeling or what interests me.

Well, I must call it a day for today’s blog posting. I have to travel to Opelika to visit the Psychiatrist and get my prescription renewed. I and my mother are also going to eat at the Red Lobster and I look forward to that. I rarely get to eat out any longer. If you happen to stop by and see the beginnings of a blog, thank you for reading and good day.

No comments: