Sunday, February 20, 2005

What one may call laziness another may call bliss…..

I often think about my days of yesteryear; especially the time last summer where I didn’t have a car and very little money. During that time, my mind was like a sponge. I scoured the internet looking for unconventional and unorthodox ways of thinking and doing things. I look back on it as a very formative time in my life. I also spent a lot of time camping, hiking, and contemplating. I now look back on those days with a certain longing. At the time, I thought I was poor and destitute but I was very rich in spirit indeed.

As my life grows ever more complicated, more and more demands are placed upon me. I feel this urge to stay busy and productive. Sometimes I have to sit down and I realize that it is okay to be lazy. Yes, I said that word that has a demeaning stigma to some. I don’t have to fill every hour of my day with activities. It is okay to sit, read, and contemplate. It is okay to watch life go on around you. I feel that many times we are so busy that the little, meaningful things in life pass us by. So that has mainly been what this weekend has entailed. I didn’t study per say in a traditional sense. I didn’t feel I had to do laundry or tidy up my apartment. I just spent a lot of time sitting, resting, and thinking. I feel much better for it this Sunday.

No comments: