Thursday, February 03, 2005

Pondering over interesting things……

Certain blogs I read tend to provoke a reaction out of me and make me think critically. I enjoy this and think that it is healthy for me to do so. So often in life we urged to go with the flow and follow the herd. Do not make waves they say.

HoboPoet is one of these blogs that always makes me think and the author is a notable writer. The idea of being a Hobo Poet or wandering scholar is appealing to me but I do not put it into practice. AJ/Skald, the author, lives in Thailand and teaches English as a second language. He/She has a unique perspective coming from outside the United States.

If you have read my blog for a long time then you know of my occasional urges to live a simple, low key life such as farming or homesteading. I dream of being self sufficient and off the grid so to speak. Alas, it would almost be impossible to put into practice with my current goals. My dreams of being a modern day Thoreau would not fit with my goals of becoming a social worker.

No comments: