Friday, February 11, 2005

Seafood and a mall…….

My visit with the psychiatrist went okay. She prescribed me depakote for the mania I have been experiencing. It is supposed to help me sleep better. This was the first time I have seen Dr. Rheddi in quite a while. The most immediate thing she noticed was how nice I was dressed and that my teeth were fixed.

“You really are keeping yourself up now.” She said with an Asian Indian accent.

“I am a different man.” I replied proudly with a smile on my face.

I had to sign a waiver for the medication and then was on my way. Afterwards, I and mom went to eat at Red Lobster. We both got the Admiral’s Feast (fried shrimp, scallops, clams, and fish) with a side salad and blue cheese dressing. They have these cheese/garlic biscuits that I adore and I ate three. I was absolutely stuffed after our meal. The thing that shocked me was that it cost $45 bucks for me and mom to eat on meal. That is a weeks worth of groceries for me. Now you see why I rarely, if ever, eat out. This was a rare treat though and I relished it. On a funny, side note, mom splurged and drank a pina colada and got tipsy. Good thing I was driving. She can hardly walk straight sober.

After eating, we decided to run by the mall. Now, I hate shopping and I hate shopping malls even more but I had a $100 dollar gift card to Dillards. I also needed to buy my neice a present for her one year birthday party next weekend. My brother and his family are flying all the way from San Diego just so we all can share in my neice’s birthday. My sister-in-law invited sixty people to it. Is that not just a little overkill for a one year old’s birthday party? I think so but you just have to know my sister-in-law. She can be extravagant at times. I used to call her the Martha Stewart of the south.

Anyways, we made our way through the mall to Dillards. We were unsure were the baby clothes were. Mom kept asking complete strangers if they worked there.

“Excuse me, do you work here?” She would ask a total stranger.

“No ma’am, I do not.” Would be the reply with an apprehensive smile.

“Excuse me, do you know where the baby clothes are?” She asked another complete stranger.

“Mom, shut the hell up. You are embarrassing the shit outta me.” I replied in a harsh whisper finally with a mock smile on my face.

I finally found the baby section and purchased my neice a darling, cute, navy blue dress. I then headed towards the men’s department with mom in tow.

“Mom, pick up your feet.” I said.

“What?” She asked loudly.

“PICK UP YOUR FEET! You are dragging your feet and it is driving me crazy.” I replied.

She let out a laugh and I just had to laugh as well. I did purchase three nice flannel shirts, two pairs of khaki pants, and a tan button up coat for a total of $79. Thank god for sales. We were soon out of there faster than you can say shit on a stick as the ambience of the mall was affecting me much as garlic and holy crosses affect vampires. I braved the harsh traffic and finally we made our way home. Good night.

No comments: