Sunday, February 13, 2005

The procrastinating man….

I should be studying but my brain is tired and I do not feel like exercising it. I only have the energy to goof off on the internet. Luckily, I am pretty caught up on my course work so this is not a make it or break it situation.

I was reading Prison Pete and I am fascinated with what kind of food they serve in prison. Is that not odd? I just find it interesting for some reason. I was dismayed that his appeal was denied and he has to serve his state sentence though. I sometimes get to feeling sorry for myself and I go read his blog and it reminds me of how grateful I should be for my freedom and the lifestyle I live.

I woke up really early this morning and went for my daily walk. It is a very warm day and I didn’t even have to wear a jacket. The sun was just coming up as I headed down towards the Piggly Wiggly. Dumpster diving Dan was in the dumpster looking for morsels to eat as usual. I waved hello and he waved back. He is down there everyday without fail.

So what did you eat today? After my walk, I made a big breakfast. I cooked scrambled cheese eggs, buttery grits, spicy pork sausage, and toast. I have a pork butt in the crock pot for supper and I am going to make pulled pork barbeque out of it. I have a homemade barbeque sauce simmering on the oven as we speak. It was my grandmother’s special recipe. My father says that we kids would eat a dish towel if it was covered in this sauce. He is probably right. The smells of that barbeque sauce and simmering pork fill my apartment and my stomach is grumbling. I am ready to make a barbeque sandwich now but I will have to wait many more hours.

No comments: