Tuesday, February 22, 2005

An adventure to the Chattahoochee…….

Wow….what a warm day. I have run the air conditioning unit all day it has been so warm. I also wore shorts and t-shirts. The summer time insects have made a brief reemergence and are calling outside as I write. There have also been numerous severe thunderstorm warnings this evening.

I’ve had a busy past few days. Most of today I spent catching up on school and organizing/re-writing all my notes for biology. I did get back my biology lab exam results this morning and I made 47 out of 50. One question asked what the arm like appendages on an amoeba was. I put amoeboid arm and the answer was pseudopod so there went two points. I also missed another point for simply writing electron microscope when I should have elaborated and written scanning electron microscope to differentiate between scanning and transmission electron scopes.

I have another grand journey planned for this weekend. I am going to spend some time tonight organizing my backpacking and fishing gear. I also splurged and took some money out of my emergency fund and went and bought some freeze dried meals for this weekend.

I am going to hike down to the river and at least spend two nights possibly Friday night and Saturday night. I hope to get some good fishing in and feed myself at least one meal off of what I catch. It has been awhile since I field dressed fish and cooked them so I need the practice. The freeze dried meal pouches I have already packed in my pack are 1 Spaghetti w/Meat sauce, 1 Chili Mac, 2 Granola w/Blueberries and milk, 1 Raspberry crumble, and 1 Blueberry Cheesecake. I plan on eating well and having a grand time.

On a side note, I see that the Alabama Legislature spent the majority of today’s session deciding and voting on the state amphibian. I hate to see them burdened with such pressing issues with all we have going on in our world. *sarcasm*

Well, I am off to go clean the ceramic filter in my water filter. I get so excited just by going through all my gear and organizing it. I may even don my pack and walk around the block just to check the balance and the weight. Good night and thanks for stopping by.

No comments: