Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Frustrations mount……

Today has not been a swell day. It started out with me over sleeping a slight bit. I woke up with the alarm clock blaring and it was 8 AM. I had set it for 7:30 AM. I am not sure if it is my new medication but I have been in a drowsy funk all day. Even small tasks seem insurmountable. I did make it to my morning biology class on time but had a hard time concentrating and taking notes. I just sat there scribbling into my notebook like a zombie.

After class, the ladies I study with wanted me to go out to lunch with them and then we were going to study. I reluctantly agreed as they were very persuasive. I completely fucked over my budget this week by doing this. They all wanted to go to a trendy sandwich shop in an antique market up the road. The food was very good but very expensive. I ordered a chicken salad sandwich and a small bowl of cheese and crab corn chowder and the total came to $10.95. I could have made chicken salad sandwiches for a week on what it cost to eat one sandwich there. I feel wasteful and reckless for doing this. I was just starving though and craving social interaction. It felt good that they all so persistently wanted me to join them.

Afterwards, we attempted to study but our study session broke down into gossiping and small talk. I sat there looking painfully bored and fidgeting with my mechanical pencil. I really needed to use this time to study. I finally closed my books and put them in my backpack and told everyone good day and good bye. I lied and made up an excuse to why I had to go. I had wasted enough time and really needed a nap before my evening class. It was also unbearably hot in the student lounge and I needed a change of clothes as I was wearing a flannel long sleeve shirt.

After leaving school, I drove by work to check on my schedule for next week. The young lady who works with me asked me if she could have some of my hours for a few days. She had a ton of bills come up and needed some money. I told her it was fine with me as long as the director approved. She is a single mother and needs the money much more than me. She got many of my hours this week and next. I was kind of relieved as I need a break from a very busy past few weeks. I am going to try and concentrate on school for the foreseeable days ahead.

It is now late afternoon and I am still in a hazy, drowsy funk. I crave crawling back into my soft bed and sleeping until morning but I can’t. I still have one more class to go and that is music appreciation. I don’t want to miss that as I will get the results from my second exam tonight. I am nervous and apprehensive about it as it was several essay questions and I hope I did well. Keep your fingers crossed. I will post my results tonight before I go to bed.

No comments: