Thursday, February 03, 2005

A passion for antiquity….

I grow ever more pleased with my music appreciation class. A more apt title should be music history. I am enamored with medieval and renaissance music. I have thoroughly scoured the internet and have found 6 albums of medieval music to peruse via newsgroups tonight. I recorded them to minidisc and will crank up the home theater later. I shall turn off the lights and climb aboard my blue lazy boy and listen until sleep overtakes me.

I sat in class tonight enthralled with the subject matter and joining in on the discussion. Our instructor is very passionate about the material and it draws you in. I love that he backs up any topics with examples of music. He has an extensive CD collection and brings in relevant music for us to hear. The hour and a half flies by in a moments notice.

On a side note, I made an A on my biology 103 exam. I was elated. I drove immediately from school to my father’s pharmacy to spread the good news. I wanted him to know that his investment in me is going to good use. Everyone congratulated me and gave me their support. Next will be a lab exam with ample amounts of metric conversions. I hope my math deficient brain is up to the task.

Until next time….this is Andrew signing off.

No comments: