Saturday, February 02, 2008

A Day of Thanks...

Today has been a day of thanks.  I've thought all day how cold I was when I was homeless, and so enjoyed the heat of this house.  I sat at my kitchen table eating a hot ham and cheddar sandwich tonight as Maggie looked on earnestly getting little morsels.  "Thank you!" I said aloud as I was eating. "Thank you for this food and this warm house and thank you for Maggie."   I want to wrap my father in my arms tonight and give him the biggest hug of thanks.  He saved me from destruction.  I would have never gotten sober if he didn't make alcohol so hard to get.  I have tears of joy in my eyes as I write this.

Tonight, I will do a video of Dad coming over and how excited Maggie gets when he does.  Y'all should see her!  It will be posted around 10 PM.  You will get to see my father in action.

8 comments:

Sharyna said...

Can't wait to see Dad! I hope he's in a good mood...

sharyna

justLacey said...

Oh my, I can't wait either.

Cheryl said...

Will he really allow you to tape him? I'll be back to check!

Upsy-Downsy said...

You have a wise father and you are wise to recognize this in him. He DOES love you...that is why he has done all this for you. Part of it is called "tough love"....and it is hard for a parent to do, sometimes. Hoorah for your father and his consistancy with you and not giving in to you on things. YOU, Andrew will come out all the more better through this as you realize truly what your father has, is trying to do for you.

C.A. said...

I'll be back to watch, too, Andrew!

Leann said...

ohhhh, can't wait to see your Dad and Maggie!!

BigDummy said...

Andrew,
That "attitude of gratitude" is so becoming on you. You grow daily as we get to watch. God bless you!

Aunt Debbi/kurts mom said...

We rebel and then we come back home. No one else will ever care for us more. It is wonderful to have good parents even as an adult.