Sunday, February 17, 2008

Just Her Luck...

Rosa got a speeding ticket yesterday.  She was doing 45 in a 25 mile per hour zone right in front of our local high school.  She has been really beating herself up over that.  "I haven't driven in years," she said. "It would just be my luck to get a speeding ticket when I start back."

I've got a renewed interest in Model Railroading.  I have magazines going all the way back to the seventies when I was a child.  Lately, I curl up in my lazy boy lounge chair and read for hours. I have also been designing a lot of track plans that will fit in my extra bedroom.  It is all so exciting and gives me something to look forward to. 

Another strange thing I am doing lately is watching TV.  I haven't watched TV regularly in years and years (if you don't count The Weather Channel).  Rosa and I have both fallen in love what what used to be Court TV and is now Tru TV.  I love those forensic science based shows. 

12 comments:

Sharyna said...

We love Tru.tv! Forensic shows rule! Sorry about Rosa's ticket. Is she going to fight it?

sharyna

Lizzy said...

Andrew,

In case you didn't mention or I overlooked it-- What's the make and model of Rosa's car? I'm sooo curious. :)

Portia said...

The model railroads sound like fun!

Jeff said...

Hi, if Rosa decides to fight her ticket, and she should... Tell her to check out the http://myfirstspeedingticket.blogspot.com blog for valuable tips!

Cheryl said...

It's always good to have something to look forward to.

The only tickets I've ever received were in 25 mph zones. Now when it says 25, I do 25. Rosa should go to court. They should at least drop the points.

CJM-R said...

I was going to say the same thing as Cheryl. It is all about having something to look forward to!!

Nice that you and Rosa like the same show.

Lena

Summer said...

Can I tell you that I've never had a speeding ticket and because I've typed that now the fates will make sure to correct that tomorrow?

jane said...

everyone i know who is a lawyer - and that's tons of folks - say you should always fight. she won't win, but she will have a lesser charge - at least here in my neck of the woods.

good luck rosa and lay off the lead foot! :)

Anonymous Boxer said...

I love them too!

CRUSTYBEEF said...

I am with you on those forensic shows, especially on TruTv...great grabbers and very real too!

Ahhh, you're not a driver until you break your proverbial cherry so to speak of tickets. It's a good reminder that it's just a ticket, to slow down, and be glad it wasn't something like an accident.

the worst thing about the ticket? The gosh forsaken cost.
Sorry to hear this happened to Rosa.. :(

Always,
Elizabeth

Dirk said...

Andrew,

When you say model railroads, do you mean something similar to HO scale? I have a complete set of tracks, engines and cars that I would like to give away. Let me know if your interested. We can arrange delivery to a shipping store to maintain your anonymity.

Dirk

Vans said...

TruTV will always be Court TV as fgar as I'm concerned. They have some of the best shows going!

Good luck with Rosa and her ticket. Sometimes it's hard to drive the speed limit, but I'm sure she's learned from this.

Take Care!