Friday, February 01, 2008

Andrew's Step-Up Plan

This is the plan I am proposing to my father tonight when he brings my medications:

  • February -- $20 dollars a week
  • March -- $40 dollars a week
  • April -- back to our normal $85 dollars a week

It is a gradual step up to having more financial responsibility.  He would still pay my household bills, car insurance, etc.  One of my biggest laments about our current arrangement is rarely having a dollar to put in the AA donation basket.  Nothing embarrasses me more at the moment than having to pass that basket on to my next AA goer without having put something in. 

3 comments:

Sharyna said...

I think what you're doing is right. Since you don't really know what your income is, how do you know when Dad "slips" you some to cover a bill? I like your allowance plan. If Dad is in a good mood, he should go for it. A 35 yo man needs gas and such. Even to get to meetings, you need some cash.

sharyna

justLacey said...

Sounds like a good plan. Can't wait to hear what happens and Andrew, don't be nervous!

amelia said...

It sounds like a good plan, I can't see what your dad could find wrong with that!!