Sunday, February 17, 2008

Tough Times in New York

The Homeless Guy in New York City is going through a rough time.  We corresponded briefly when he was in prison for felony assault.  He is struggling with his sobriety, and being on the streets of New York, homeless, has compounded this problem,  This blog post from a few days ago touched me.  You could almost hear the desperation in his voice.

Hi,
I am not feeling alive today!
I feel depressed. I am going through the motions of going to meetings, calling my sponsor and…just doing STUFF to occupy time!
Today, my clothes smell. And it’s NOT from me. It’s from hangin’ around FUMIN’ bums in the shelter!! It’s so DISGUSTING!!!
GOD HELP ME!!!!
Chris

5 comments:

Paul J said...

Update to your info on me:
new blog address is now just outlandishbiscuit.com
hope to see you stop by sometime!
~paulie

Portia said...

I hope Chris makes it through this very hard time, and that there are better days ahead for him.

Ryan said...

I'm wishing him well. Funny thing Andrew, my dad's recipe for spaghetti sauce is legendary in my family!

mosiacmind said...

I am so sad when I hear of things like what your blogger buddy has going on. It makes me wish that I had lots of money and even that I do not know him send some bucks so perhaps he could have some cash and be able to take care of himself the way he would like to do.

CRUSTYBEEF said...

that sounds like a serious cry for help. Makes me sad.
Is this the same man that you were frustrated with a few or so posts back? I'm glad to see things have ironed out amongst you both if it is the same man.

Always,
Elizabeth