Saturday, February 23, 2008

Being Content....

"I wish you could always be this content," Rosa told me today as we were partaking of a few Sonic burgers at Sonic. 

I wish I could be this content as well.  Life certainly has been most pleasant lately. 

"Your reading again and I have never seen you read on a regular basis," she said as I was finishing my tator tots. 

It was a quiet drive home.   Rosa kept remarking on how mentally able I seem to be these days.  I have come to the conclusion that maybe my father and my psychiatrist were not idiots after all.  That they had my best interests in mind making me take all those pills every night. 

Joyce came over not long after we returned home.  She was lonely and wanted me to read the latest draft of chapter one of her memoirs.  I sat them on my piano and told her I would get to them tonight.

"I don't want to go home," Joyce told me of her empty house. 

"Stay with us!" Rosa said and they have been  conversing ever since -- Rosa and Joyce being two peas in a pod.   

I told Joyce that she was welcome anytime.    It nice hearing two women talk as I am sitting here writing this.  It feels like home.

11 comments:

An Irish Friend of Bill said...

Thats great Andrew. im glad for you and rosa! what a cozy little place you've got there!

mosiacmind said...

sounds like such a nice day. i am happy for you and for rosa. it is so great that you always are so welcoming of people like joyce hanging out with you and rosa.

KYRIE said...

That is so sweet. I like ur posts lately too, a sense of calm here. Piano, books, trains, a new job, keep it up my friend, enjoy this life!
I need to get myself a hobby too! Thinking of learning to play a guitar whn I am free, always wanted to. Maybe one day :)

justLacey said...

Im glad Rosa invited Joyce to stay. I wish Joyce could become as content as you have.

mago said...

Caramba! Best wishes.

Sharyna said...

Glad you're there for Joyce. What a happy life you have! How's your mom?

sharyna

Thodgson said...

Home sweet Home! Good for you Andrew!! I am loving hearing all of this too!

Lara said...

I love when you are content.

And I am SO proud of you for making it almost 100 days! I know I'm not here all the time, but I think of you often. And I just got faster internet, so perhaps I can stop by more frequently! :)

Hope you continue doing well!

abbagirl74 said...

Thanks for stopping by and commenting today. I know I am probably at the bottom of your list since my blog starts with W. No worries though. Hope are having a wonderful weekend!

simonsays said...

I am so excited these days when I read your blog, I think you are way overdue on being happy.

Have another great day today!

Annabel said...

I'm glad things are going so well for you and you're taking your medications regularly.