Friday, February 08, 2008

Meals of Togetherness...

We sat at Rosa's table slowly eating our vegetable soup and cornbread.  Previously, I had been mesmerized by Rosa's aquarium.  I made a mental note to get mine out of storage.

"How are you feeling?" Rosa asked me in between bites of nourishing soup.

"My mind is busy," I said as I took a drink of milk. "Too many diet cokes."

"Well, at least you know what caused it," she replied.

I returned to eating.  Rosa doesn't cook often, but when she does it is delicious.  Food just tastes better when someone else prepares it.

"I'm staying home tonight and cleaning house," Rosa told me. "I will see you in the morning."

I was going to miss her deeply.  Sometimes, I like sleeping alone, just Maggie and me, but it is always nice to wake up with another warm soul in the bed.  I told her I would pick her up when I got up and going in the morning as well. 

The first thing Rosa did after supper was turn the TV back on.  I slipped out the front door and drove home hating to eat and run.  I was hoping Dad would come earlier with my medications tonight.  It is now almost nine and he has yet to show.  He gets later every night and I grow more impatient.  I love him though, and despite all his controlling ways he is my father.  The man who sired me.  The man who bought me a home and a car.   And the man to whom I look up to so deeply.  Love can be a double edged sword sometimes.    

7 comments:

Sharyna said...

Are you going to try to stay up all night again? You should have it by Monday!

sharyna

Andrew said...

Hey Sharyna! :-)

Yeah, I am going to try and stay up again. I am already tired though so it doesn't look promising. As soon as I take all those Benadryl, I will be conked out. Thank you for your comments today.

Cheryl said...

Hey Andrew..sounds like a good day today, except for all the caffeine. I love the stuff, as you know, but I can't drink it at work because it makes me nervous. I don't like being nervous, and my clients wouldn't like it either! I think you'll be fine on Monday night whether you stay up tonight or not. The adrenaline will keep you going.

Your dad took away your driver's license? What's up with that?

Time for me to go to bed, and I'm not tired at all :(.

luvulongtime said...

Congratulations! How's your dad taking the news about your job?

I am very excited for you and am glad you are feeling strong enough to start working again. Please be careful with the third shift schedule. Adjusting to it can make some depressed.

luvulongtime said...

Congratulations! How's your dad taking the news about your job?

I am very excited for you and am glad you are feeling strong enough to start working again. Please be careful with the third shift schedule. Adjusting to it can make some depressed.

Summer said...

Yes, what's up with the driver's license thing and your Dad?

My aunt always said, "Anything that I don't have to cook tastes good!"

KYRIE said...

Hey just read ur Twitter. What's up with the interview? I hope not upsetting hapenned. Take care.