Tuesday, February 05, 2008

The Shopping Center Blues

It was an overcast and cloudy day, but warm.  I sat down at the shopping center for what seemed like hours waiting on Big S or Ferret to show up.   They never did.  Rosa had wanted to come hang out with us, and I told her I would be down there.  She didn't come as well.  Today's shopping center experience was a bust.

I walked on down to the train tracks before leaving.  I sat next to the old Chattahoochee Valley caboose waiting on trains to arrive. I get so excited at the sound of that air horn so far off down the tracks.  I readied my camera and took shots as the trains passed -- another freight headed for Atlanta.   As I sat, the smell of lunches cooking wafted across the highway coming from Merl's diner.  My stomach grumbled. 

Getting out of the house for my daily walk like this is so important to me.  I have a tendency to want to stay sequestered inside in front of the computer.  Bust or no, it was a good time.  I got to see a train.  I cleared my head and gave my body a chance to get woken up.  I got some much needed exercise.  It is going to be a good day.  I can feel it. 

1 comment:

Summer said...

My Andrew...there is no better sound than that of the whail of a train whistle. I envy you for being able to hear them and see those great iron horses glide down the tracks. Nothing thrills me more.

I hope your day turned out to be a good one. I hope your meeting with Rosa went well. Friendship is so warming.