Monday, February 11, 2008

Good News!

McDonald's lobby is closed after 10 PM when I will be working.  Only the drive-thru will be open and that assuaged a lot of my fears.  I am assuming I am going to be a line cook.  I'll be slingin' some burgers tonight, baby!  I feel much better about that rather than having to run a register and dealing with the public. 

Orientation went well.  We went over what will be expected of me and things such as health insurance plans. My first paycheck will be on Feb. 25.  That is a long time away. 

I pray Dad gets here on time with my medications.  Should be around 9:30 and I have to be at work at 10:45.  It takes about thirty minutes to drive there.

9 comments:

jrlmx2 said...

CONGRATULATIONS! You'll do well, I just know it. In fact, I think you'll have fun! ~blessings to you~

Cheryl said...

Good news Andrew! Less stress!

So, you did the round-trip for the orientation? Are you the only new employee? I'm so anxious to hear all about it!

Emily loves the crispy ranch snackers from McDonald's. I went through the drive-thru today and ordered 2, with extra ranch dressing. When I brought them home and she started eating one, she thought it was especially dry. She unwrapped it to find there was no dressing at all! And 4 cheese shreds on each one! With about 10 shreds of lettuce! Darn. So...if you make the snack wraps, would you tell me the assembly instructions? How much cheese should there be on one? I'll also want to know what you wear, and if you get to eat. All the details you can think of, OK?

CJM-R said...

Isn't it great when you find out all the details and it takes some of the fear away?? Nice to hear you be so upbeat!!!

We will be waiting for a report when you can.

Lena

justLacey said...

Yay! How nice that everything is falling into place for you. I hope your first night goes smoothly. I wish I couls work that shift with you. It would be ideal for me. I think the hardest part anxiety was would have been the orientation and you made it through that already.

Sharyna said...

Do they let you eat burgers? Years ago, I went to work for 7-11 and I could have all the slurpees I wanted for free. I ate my fill in 2 days and have never had one since! I can't wait until tomarrow to hear your adventure!

sharyna

muttonfish said...

I will be crossing my fingers for you. I am very proud of you. :)

Anonymous Boxer said...

free Coke! Free Coke!

:-)

Good luck tonight. I hope you have fun.

mago said...

Good! A small step for mankind, a huge step for Andrew! :)

Leah Friedman said...

Mazel Tov Andrew!
You'll be just fine!