Monday, February 25, 2008

A New Coat of Love...

The scuttlebutt today is that Joyce is painting her house.   I walked over a moment ago to move some heavy objects from her spare bedroom.

"How do I look?" Joyce said as she just beamed wearing her painting outfit, her cheeks so rosy.

"You look mahhh-velous dahhh-ling!" I replied.

Joyce just giggled like a little school girl, pulling her suspenders high above her.

"Come look this afternoon when we are finished," Joyce said.

Joyce is just so glad to have something positive to do.  Joyce's house's deco looks out of the fifties and sixties and she is trying to modernize.  I offered to help, but she said she and her friend could handle the spare bedroom.  It is good to see my friend smile like she just did as I was leaving.   

9 comments:

Bridget said...

The 50s and 60s are coming back into style now as far as home decor. I just got my Natural Home magazine that featured a bungalow, and it was very cute, done up in vintage style.

Barb said...

Glad to hear that Joyce is feeling well enough to work on her house. I am glad for her!

B~

PipeTobacco said...

Sir:

I am glad Joyce is feeling better all around and feels like engaging in the painting!

PipeTobacco

Kelly Jene said...

Joyce sounds like she's doing so much better. I'm so happy for her!

Cheryl said...

I'm glad to hear that Joyce is feeling up. It's a good time of year for a new coat of paint. I hope you're doing well. I'm so glad you have something positive to do.

summer said...

I want to paint now!

Tee said...

You are such a nice neighbor. I'm so glad Joyce is feeling better and wanting to do some positive things around her house. That's a good sign.

summer said...

I thought I would stop by this morning and give you a "WTH?" and make you laugh!

Moonroot said...

So good to hear that Joyce is feeling well. You are a good neighbour to her.