Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Yesteryear's Past...

Stepping in Joyce's house is like stepping back in time -- summer's spent with my grandmother on her farm.  Joyce's house even smells like my late grandmother's house. 

Joyce wanted me to see the fruits of their painting labor today.  I would have picked a little more exciting color than off-white though.  What mattered was that Joyce was happy with it. 

"I'm so glad I have you," Joyce told me as I walked outside to a brisk and cold wind.

We talked briefly of her stay in the hospital all throughout Christmas and New Year's. 

"I don't ever want to go back to that hospital again!" Joyce exclaimed.

"Well, hopefully you won't," I said and I meant it. 

Bah! I just feel slow today mentally that writing this took a gargantuan effort.  I hope it reads okay.  My blog has really sucked lately.   I am headed in for work. 

10 comments:

Portia said...

Your blog doesn't suck, silly! I am catching up and enjoying the tales of your friendships with Joyce, Rosa and of course Maggie:) I hope you got your model railroading things already and are enjoying them. Congratulations again on the sobriety - almost 100 days is really, really awesome!

Kelly Jene said...

I don't think your blog sucks at all. You are a busy man now and that is great! I'm glad Joyce has you too. Could you imagine if she lived next door to someone who didn't care? Have a good day!

justLacey said...

It never sucks to know you are happy and well.

Judy said...

You are the best!

villain820 said...

Your blog is great and reads fine. Work sometimes gets in the way. It's so nice that you and Joyce have each other!

mosiacmind said...

I also really enjoy reading your blog. I think you are being really hard on yourself...as we as humans can be. I know many others besides me as one can see in the comments do not find your blog boring in fact quite the opposite.....i always enjoy reading it and finding out what your day is like. i think too you are probably adjusting to working again....

Ally0005 said...

It's not boring, you have a life now and are busy. How wonderful is that.

CJM-R said...

So how is it adjusting to working again? It seems to suit you well!

Your blog is never boring!

Lena

Cheryl said...

Your blog does not suck! It changes from day to day and follows what's going on with you. Sometimes more stuff, sometimes less. You've got me for the long run.

Did you just get my card? I hope you liked it!

C. R. Morris said...

Oh I know that kind of house. When I visited my grandmother in Alabama (who had to have all things modern) I would go next door and visit her neighbor who would feed me bananas. Her house had all sorts of interesting things in it. And your blog will always be great! Maybe it's Spring calling you out! Will you be planting flowers in your yard?