Friday, February 08, 2008

Lazy Daze...

No one was down at the shopping center this morning.  I briefly saw Dexter walking to who knows where, but he didn't stop to chat.  I sat reading a Robert Jordan book as I drank a coke and smoked cigarillos. 

I tried to stay up all night last night, but didn't make it far past midnight.  I got so sleepy I had to go to bed.  I will try again tonight.  I want to be prepared come Monday night and the start of my job.  My Anonymous commenter seems to think I won't show up.  He may be right, but I am going to give it a good try. 

Not much is planned today.  I took Rosa home at lunch and came home to eat my last microwave meal.  Honey roasted chicken and mashed potatoes with chives.   I am now listening to Dr. Joy Browne, and will listen to Dr. Laura next.  Mom will come about two with my groceries for the week and we will fill up my car.  I hope you are all having a good day.  Mine is going well so far -- these last days of freedom. 

8 comments:

Sharyna said...

Sounds like my anonymous commenter has found you! Ignore them. I imagine it will be hard to stay up all night at first but you will get the hang of it. Expect to be employee of the month real soon!

sharyna

Christie said...

:) Good luck on Monday. I know anxiety is a tough thing to overcome but you can do it. I have had a lot of trouble with anxiety ESPECIALLY with new situations but I have found ways to cope and overcome it. Anyway, I wanted to add an encouraging comment to counter the negative one.

Christie said...

p.s. I love Robert Jordan <3

Anonymous Boxer said...

When people say negative things to others that are trying to do positive things in their lives... it says so much about they feel about their OWN life (not yours.)

YOU will be the one who decides if this is good or bad for you... but you won't know unless you try.

I am proud of you. No matter what happens. Have a great weekend and start dreaming of that first paycheck.

Anonymous Boxer said...

P.S. Oh and.... do you get free cokes? I hope so.

justLacey said...

Anonymous boxer is right. There are only two feelings in life, love and fear and the negative comments come out of fear on the commenters part. Maybe he or she is afraid you will be successful and make them feel even smaller. Can you tell I was listening to Marianne Williamson last night?

darla said...

Oh, try to ignore the anonymous commenters. You do what is right for Andrew. Don't worry about what others will/might think, ok?

agent wife said...

I just wanted to say- way to go! on getting the job and all the best for Monday. I know you overcame a lot of hurtles to get this far and I think that if you approach this job with looking at just one hurtle at a time will help- just how you choose not to drink one day at a time, making it through each shift- you can do it. Can you take naps in the day? Maybe that will help you make it through those first shifts- and cokes or coffee ;) There are many of us cheering for you.